Aug 17, 2000
I recently came down with shingles. I tested negative for HIV 10 weeks after unprotected oral sex. Can shingles occur as an HIV related symptom this early on if I was infected?
| Response from Mr. Kull
I am not aware of shingles being a symptom of primary HIV infection. It is highly unlikely that, if you had been infected, you would be immune compromised enough to develop shingles in the time frame you are talking about.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- AIDS Infection Risk Sex With A Prostitute
- Groin Pain After Barebacking Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Erotic Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Giving Oral Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.