STD and antibiotics

I'm a man, and a couple of months ago, I received oral sex from an unknown woman. I did not wear a condom. I decided to see a doctor a couples of after, just to make sure, and he noticed that I was kind of stressed, with a possible STD. He gave me antibiotics, which I can't remember the name (250Mg, 1x day) and told me that those were good for almost all std's (gonorrhea, chlamydia and syphilis), or, at least, the most common one can get with oral sex. He told me that genital warts were not, usually, transmitted this way, and that I shouldn't worry about that. A couple of weeks after that, I saw another doctor and asked him about the action spectrum of the antibiotics and he told me the same thing : they were acting upon almost common STD.

But reading on your site that it might takes different treatments, depending the STD, who should I believe ? I know that genital warts, herpes, and hepatitis cannot be treated this way, but what for the others ?

Thanks

No antibiotics treat all STDs. Not all STDs are bacterial in nature. Sometimes doctors choose to treat the more common STDs empirically (like chlamydia and gonorrhea) with one antibiotic. If you are still concerned, give your doc a call and see if s/he can clear things up. Always best to go to the source.

The important thing: did your symptoms go away? If they did, then there is nothing to fear.

RMK

Drunk sex with a prostitute
Cuts, Abrasions, and possible infection...