Drunk sex with a prostitute

I'm a 21 years old male, who got drunk in a party with some friends and had sex with a prostitute. I received oral sex and then I had protected vaginal intercourse with her, but she was the one who put the condom. Which are the odds of getting aids?

Read through Rick Sowadsky's responses to Frequently Asked Questions. Also look through answers to questions Transmission (Sexual) and Transmission (Non-Sexual).

In terms of physical contact with others, no cases of HIV have been reported to be transmitted outside of anal, vaginal and oral sex. No cases of transmission have occurred through receiving oral sex, fingering (finger-fucking), mutual masturbation, massage, lap dancing, handshakes, touching, rubbing, wrestling, and the like. HIV is not transmitted by casual contact. Look at Rick's Casual Contact list to get an idea of what constitutes casual contact.

Try to look at the facts when determining your risk for infection. Try to leave out irrelevant details. If you are engaging in contact other than oral, anal, and vaginal sex, it is irrelevant if the person was a prostitute. It's the behavior (infected fluids coming into contact with mucous membranes) that adds up to HIV risk.

Get to know Rick's and my responses. Sometimes it is helpful to think of what we would say in response to your story. It's more often low-risk than not.

Hope this helps.

RMK

How Long?
STD and antibiotics