The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Drunk sex with a prostitute

Jul 31, 2000

I'm a 21 years old male, who got drunk in a party with some friends and had sex with a prostitute. I received oral sex and then I had protected vaginal intercourse with her, but she was the one who put the condom. Which are the odds of getting aids?

Response from Mr. Kull

Read through Rick Sowadsky's responses to Frequently Asked Questions. Also look through answers to questions Transmission (Sexual) and Transmission (Non-Sexual).

In terms of physical contact with others, no cases of HIV have been reported to be transmitted outside of anal, vaginal and oral sex. No cases of transmission have occurred through receiving oral sex, fingering (finger-fucking), mutual masturbation, massage, lap dancing, handshakes, touching, rubbing, wrestling, and the like. HIV is not transmitted by casual contact. Look at Rick's Casual Contact list to get an idea of what constitutes casual contact.

Try to look at the facts when determining your risk for infection. Try to leave out irrelevant details. If you are engaging in contact other than oral, anal, and vaginal sex, it is irrelevant if the person was a prostitute. It's the behavior (infected fluids coming into contact with mucous membranes) that adds up to HIV risk.

Get to know Rick's and my responses. Sometimes it is helpful to think of what we would say in response to your story. It's more often low-risk than not.

Hope this helps.


How Long?
STD and antibiotics

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint