used razor of positive bf

Hello. Yesterday I accidentally shaved my face with my boyfriends razor. (he's +, I'm -) He hadn't used it since early the day before -- more than 24 hours. The razor was clean and dry. I nicked myself several times, though. While my instinct is to believe that there's low risk, It's something that I won't accidentally repeat. Am I right to trust my instinct on this one? Thanks in advance. Also, thanks for such straight forward and human responses to some very serious issues. You do good work and I have NO reason to kiss your ass!

Your instincts are right. It is highly unlikely that HIV was transmitted to you this way. You would need to use your boyfriend's razor shortly after he used it, and even then I would say the risk of infection is low. HIV dies within minutes when it is outside of its host.

Read the responses to How long does HIV survive outside of the body? and Transmission through shaving?.

Thanks for the praise! Always appreciated.

RMK

Unprotected Sex Anxiety
couples