Severe Anxiety and Symptoms

I am a heterosexual 20 year old male and about three months ago I had vaginal sex with a woman in which the condom broke. I became very worried immediately! The very next day I began having dull pains in my groin area. A few days later, my stomach began gurgling and I would have bouts of diarrhea once about every other week. After about a month, I began having joint pains and the nausea, stomach gurgling, and diarrhea are still present. It is now three months later and the symptoms are not going away. I've tested negative on an ELISA at 6 weeks and have tested negative for Syphilis, Gonorrhea, and Chlamydia. I have been to the doctor many times and he insists that he can find nothing wrong with me. I am worried that this might be ARS or something else that is very severe. I have no idea what to test for and plan to be retested for HIV in my six month window period. I am thinking that I may have HIV ARS or Acute Hepatitis. Can you please help me doc? I don't know what else to test for and I refuse to buy the idea that my symptoms are stress related. I've never had joint pains before and I don't think stress is causing it. Please help!!!

I know that it's sometimes hard to buy the fact that anxiety can cause physical symptoms. I believe that it can (especially gastrointestinal problems), but I do not believe that it does all the time.

Okay, here's a question. You are associating all of your symptoms to a condom breakage when you were having vaginal sex. What's the connection? From my professional opinion, the only connection I see is that you became "immediately worried." Based on your symptoms, HIV is the last thing that comes to my mind. I'd probably be asking myself if I ate some bad seafood. But that's me.

This doesn't mean that you aren't sick. I know that you must be really stressed right now. You just might be focusing on the wrong cause, which may be preventing you from finding the real problem.

Find a doctor you can trust, and work this out with him/her.

Best.

RMK

Grinding, handjob
Test Question