|wet kissing with cold sores
Aug 16, 2000
What is the relative risk (high, medium, low) for this situation: I engaged in wet kissing (I don't know if my partner has HIV) and later saw three small cold sores inside my lower lip (each about 0.5mm in size). My partner did not have any visible blood in her mouth. Should I get tested??
| Response from Mr. Kull
This is not a situation for which I recommend testing. HIV is not transmitted through kissing.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Kissing Cold Sore Risk Of Getting HIV
- Anal Warts After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.