The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Symptoms of Hiv recurrence

Aug 16, 2000

I would like to start off by saying that you are doing a wonderful service here. I have not been tested yet, but my low risk exposure (fingering someone in a strip joint) happened back in the last week of May. I had symptoms in mid July that lasted for about 3 weeks (sore throat, general ill feeling, fever, fatigue,loss of appetite, slight weight loss and a rash on my finger(small painless nodules/blisters) . According to your answers you say that the symptoms of HIV do not recur over and over, After feeling fine for about 2 weeks I started getting a sore throat, the rash came back on the same finger(small painless nodules/blisters) and a slight fever again. does this sound unusual to you. Also I wanted to know does Lipodystrophy mean loss of fat/lean body mass or is it loss of muscle mass. Does this usually happen in the early stage of HIV (3 months from possible exposure) or could it just be weight loss from stress. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

Response from Mr. Kull

Please read the responses to What are the risks from fingering someone? and Drunk sex with a prostitute. You are at very low risk for HIV infection.

Your weight loss is probably unrelated to HIV (wasting). Lipodystrophy refers to fat accumulation in the body as a side effect of antiretroviral treatment.


Other Tests Rather Than HIV AB Test?
wet kissing with cold sores

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint