What is this?

Every now and then I would say 3 months or so I get one or 2 (never more than that) bumps near either my vagina or rectum, never on or in them. They are kind of sore but feel more like a big pimple. Sometimes they even look like a pimple, but mostly they are just a little red and raised. Then they go away after alcohol and about 3 days. I feel fatigue but I am anemic. I have had pelvic exams while they were there but always afraid to point them out. Is this cause for concern? thank you

It's difficult to tell what these bumps might be. Even a medical doctor would not be able to diagnose this over the internet. We could guess, but ultimately that doesn't help. If you are concerned that this is a sexually transmitted infection, a doctor needs to diagnose it upon visual examination and/or with a culture. Even when you read about symptoms or see pictures of STIs it is still difficult to diagnose something yourself.

Sometimes it is embarrassing to tell even your doctor about something like this. Try to remember that doctors are trained to deal with all kinds of conditions, without any personal judgement. If you are not comfortable with your doctor, try to see someone else. Maybe your own shame is getting in the way of understanding your situation.

And you might just find out that they are just pimples after all!

RMK

Rimming
Test kits