Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Precum exposure when condom is put on penis
Aug 18, 2000

I have recently met a man through the internet and he has agreed to some sex play wherein we are nude and he he lies behind me while his body/penis rubbs up agaimst my butt. Since I am very concerned about exposure to HIV I have asked my partner to wear a condom during this activity in case he cums. However, I am concerned abput him getting precum on his hands/or the exterior of the condom while he is putting on the condom. Are my concerns valid and what should I do to reduce any risks?

Response from Mr. Kull

The act of someone rubbing or grinding their penis against your anus is considered to be very low risk. Grinding will vary from person to person (it shouldn't involve a great deal of semen or blood or any kind of insertion), and it really depends on the amount of fluids exchanged. See a previous response to What are the risks from grinding?.

The only real way to avoid anxiety about the way he handles the condom is to put the condom on the partner's penis yourself. That way you can be sure it is done correctly.

RMK

Previous
no one knows the answer!!!!!???????????
Next
Rimming

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.