Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Kissing a prostitute. Am I going paranoid?
Aug 24, 2000

Ryan,

i have read the postings on kissing but I would like your personal opinion on my case. I became friendly with a Ugandan sex worker. We did NOT have sex but we did spend a number of hours (at least two evenings) just talking. We did end up with some deep kissing (but not at all prolonged and just for a few seconds each time). I did not notice any blood in her mouth or bleeding gums, on the other I believe that I did have a cut (maybe 1-2 days) in the back of my mouth caused by my wisdom teeth whilst I was eating something. I do not suffer from bleeding gums and I do not know her HIV status.

In your opinion should I go and test myself for HIV or am I suffering from severe guilt and paranoia?

Finally thanks for all the good advice given on this Forum.

Response from Mr. Kull

There is nothing about your case that makes me change my previous stance on HIV transmission through kissing (doesn't happen). This is not a situation where I would suggest HIV testing. See my response to Newest information on deep kissing.

I do not know if you are guilty and/or paranoid. That's something that's hard to tell from my computer terminal. My guess is that you have a better sense than I do. Trust your instincts. You've probably answered your question yourself.

RMK

Previous
Question
Next
Mono and HIV

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.