Floaters, Numbness just after a few weeks

Thank you for all the information that you provide. I am waiting on test results from a possible exposure three months ago with a female sex worker while I was on the drug ecstasy and very drunk. I wore a condom and had unprotected oral sex (cunnilingus) for about 30 seconds. I noticed a day later that I had a cut in my mouth. Since the act I have obsessed uncontrollably with the fear that I might be infected. 4 days after possible exposure I experienced a headache for a few days and one case of diarrhea, possibly due to worrying but maybe not. A week later I experienced numbness and tingling in my legs and hands whenever any little bit of circulation was cut off. This is still occuring. I also have floaters which came about three weeks later. I believe I am an alcoholic, depressed and scared. I constantly find myself looking at this site and others for information, but it only makes me even worse off. I find out in 2 days. Please reply. Thank you.

You probably have your result by now, and you probably found out that it was negative. The likelihood of you being infected is very low. Read through my Recent Responses to oral sex questions for more information.

Alcohol and ecstasy use, especially heavy use, can lead to many different physical and emotional symptoms. Depression is a big one. Gastrointestinal problems can also occur. Drug and alcohol use can also impair judgement and impulse control, sometimes leading us to do things we regret (like having unprotected sex). It is really important to find resources to help you out if you feel that you have a problem with your use. Talking with others who can empathize with your experience, like in a 12-step program, is one of the best remedies.

Best --

RMK

Very confused - what is
Help me please!