Can you contract AIDS through the eye?

I am a Dental Hygienist and I got spritzed in the eye with plaque which was contaminated with some blood while I was flossing my patient. Is it possible to contract the AIDS virus through the eye?

It is possible to get certain types of infections through contact with your eye. This is one reason why medical providers will wear some sort of goggles or glasses when engaging in work like surgery or dentistry. The lining inside your eye consists of mucous membranes.

I am not familiar with any cases of HIV infection occuring through fluid coming into contact with an uninfected person's eye. Please see a previous response to Infection through eyes?.

RMK

unprotected sex
Negative Test