Time frame for undetected HIV Virus?

My husband and I have been married for over 11 years. Prior to this, I don't know whether either one of us was ever exposed to the virus. What is the likelihood of either one of us being HIV+ after all this time, and is it possible for someone to go this long with the virus undetected and having no symptoms?

It takes an average of 10 years for someone to develop AIDS-related illness. It is not quite understood why some people take longer than others to progress to AIDS. The best way to tell if you are HIV infected is to get an HIV antibody test. Refer to Approximate timeline of testing and symptoms of HIV/AIDS.

Another way to have a better understanding of the odds for being infected is by examining your risk history. Read through previous questions and answers on this site to learn more about risk and transmission.

RMK

semen shot on eyeball
Saliva as lubricant