Clothes as contraceptives

Hi

I would appreciate it if you can give me a hand. My girlfriend and I purposefully avoid intercourse by having at least one of us wear various undergarments. These also conveniently soak up sperm etc. My girlfriend though is worried about how safe this practice is as far as pregnancy and STDs are concerned. Thank you

If you are not getting semen inside of your girlfriend's vagina, then she has no risk of getting pregnant. I'm not sure what kind of undergarments you are wearing when you fool around, but it doesn't sound like you guys are at much risk for STDs. However, it is hard to tell you based on the information. Why don't you try reading through some information on STDs to see what you might be at risk for. Try reading Can you get an STD if you use a condom? and follow links there.

There are ways to have safer sex that might be more enjoyable and intimate. What if you guys shed the underwear and tried exploring and touching each others bodies without having intercourse or oral sex? Maybe take a bath together and see how that feels. And if you feel more comfortable and decide to have sex, using a condom is a great way to protect each other. Of course, do what you are comfortable with, but it sounds like some fear and anxiety may be keeping you at bay.

RMK

Ulcer on the uvula (Canker sores)
broken condom without full insertion