Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Using a condom, but?
Sep 20, 2000

First of all thanks to all the people who keep this site up. There's so much B.S. out there on this subject that it's hard to get a straight answer.

I think a lot of fear comes from using prostitutes. I frequently use them and consider it safe. I always wear a condom and that's about as much as you can do. I'm scared about getting other stds which are incurable. Someday I would like to have a family and something like herpes might hurt that.

Anyway my question is, if I wear a condom for all sexual encounters, oral sex and everything, what are my risks of getting an std? I mean if the girl is on top and some juices run down on your balls can I get something, or does it have to get on your penis? I'm not so much worried about condom breakage, but more worried about skin to skin contact with an infected area. If my penis is covered with the condom, no breaks or tears, what would happen if my balls or genital area would come into contact with either infected juices, or skin?

Please answer my question as I feel that a lot of people might have the same worries

thanks

Response from Mr. Kull

Please read Can you get an STD if you use a condom?. That response should directly answer your question.

A lot of people send questions to this site about sex with prostitutes. I think that there are many myths and misconceptions about prostitutes, and, as a result, people often become anxious when having any kind of contact with a prostitute. If you are using condoms correctly and every time when you have sex, then you are at very low risk for HIV infection. STDs are a different story. Even if you use condoms every time for sex, you could still be at risk for STDs. The more sexual partners you have, the greater the chance you have of coming into contact with an STD. In that sense, you need to determine what risks you are willing to take when making decisions about having sex.

RMK

Previous
Darkrooms.....
Next
Why not wear 2 latex condoms???

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.