|Herpes and HIV transmission
Sep 25, 2000
My baby recently came into contact with a person who had a severe herpes outbreak on her nose. He seemed to develop a herpes outbreak on the nose himself the following week. Is her outbreak a sign of HIV infection? If so, could she have spread HIV infection to him as well?
| Response from Mr. Kull
HIV is not spread through skin-to-skin contact. Herpes is, usually when there are active lesions. The herpes outbreak on this person's nose is in no way a sign that she is HIV infected. She could not have spread HIV to your child this way.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Timeline Of Herpes Transmission
- Blowjob From A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Dry Cough After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.