Cuts and Semen

This may seem really stupid, but the other day my partner and I participated in mutual masturbation, despite the fact I had some paper cuts. Now I am worried that I may have become infected because I got his semen on my hands. At the time it didn't seem important, but now it is causing me concern -- we haven't been together that long, and I am unsure of his past. Please, please help..

It is highly unlikely that you became HIV infected this way. It's possible, but paper cuts have not been implicated as a route for transmission. Read through What are the risks from fingering someone for more information on this topic.

Have you thought of talking with your partner about these issues (sex, HIV, risk)? I know that it can be awkward or difficult, especially since you haven't been seeing each other that long, but it may help. At least you won't be dealing with the unknown, which can cause greater anxiety for some people.

RMK

Fatigue, Body Aches, No Fever
Herpes and HIV transmission