Confused

My Lover and I are HIV+ and We're also on ongoing treatment. My question is? If I use a condom and it breaks during intercourse, can he be re-infected?

We really don't know if reinfection (sometimes referred to as super-infection) happens. Some studies suggest that an HIV infected person can be reinfected or superinfected with a different strain of HIV. It is not clear if that alters the course of illness. Getting superinfected with a drug resistant strain of HIV might translate into your medication regimen failing. There is also concern that reinfection might hasten disease progression.

Read through Serodiscordant male couple anal sex and What are the risks for us? for more information on this topic.

Any questions you have about issues for mixed-status couples could be referred to Robert Remien's forum, Mixed-HIV-Status Couples, at The Body.

RMK

lifespan of virus in needle
Mutual masturbation