Hey Ryan, Welcome aboard!

Its nice that you take time out of a busy day to answer our questions, I know I speak for all of us in cyber space who say thank you! My question goes like this. Sometime either in late 1985 or early 86 I did they very stupid thing, at the tender age of around 17, of having VERY BRIEF (no more than 30 seconds tops) unprotected vaginal sex with a female then co-worker. In the years since I have been selfish and always ONLY received oral sex (never given) now, so many years later, every time I get a fever or anything I go crazy. Its gotten to the point that its affected my sex life with my wife, should I be worried after all this time that I could be walking around with HIV/Aids or am I just being silly, any insight would help! Thanks

Thanks for the welcome. I'm glad to be here.

It's highly unlikely that you are infected. You probably know that already. The only way you are really going to know if you are not infected is to get an HIV antibody test. You probably know that as well, so I'm assuming something is keeping you from getting the test.

Getting tested increases the likelihood of you moving on and having a better life with your wife. A test will also help you understand what your anxiety is about (is it about HIV, or your relationship, or what?). If your anxiety persists after getting a negative result, then I would recommend talking to a mental health professional about your situation.

Best --

RMK

Symptoms of seroconversion
Likelihood of converting from HIV- to HIV+ given my partner's HIV + status