blood diseases

Working in the construction business, I encounter many situations where I and other co-workers at the same time have open cuts on our hands. I have used many tools that have others blood on them. It is pretty much impossible not to. Not enough time to clean everything every time it happens. What do you suggest I do? Has anyone ever been infected with HIV this way?

I do not know of any cases of HIV being transmitted via an inanimate object (injection needles/syringes being the exception). If a tool is clearly covered in blood, you might want to take the time to clean it off. Otherwise, I do not see any significant risks posed to you.

RMK

Can HIV be detected in standard bloodtest?
Fear and risk