The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Confusion and Complete Stress over Description of Anal Sex and AIDS

Oct 4, 2000

I am a 30 year old gay male with very little sexual experience. I have always practiced safe oral sex and I have never had any experience with anal sex at all. However, recently a sexual partner asked me to masturbate in his butt cheek area. I began to do so when I discovered that this person had hemoroid swelling. My penis did not penetrate at all inside this person but I am quite sure that my penis did touch his hemoroid swelling as well as the outside opening of his anus for a few seconds. Since this, I am losing hours of sleep and have fallen into a serious depression. Am I at serious risk of getting the infection? I have attempted to find the answer to my situation on-line everywhere without success. I pray that you can help me.I am sure there are many others confused about Anal Sex in the sense of non-penetration this question can help as well.

Thank you.

Response from Mr. Kull

Unless the opening at the head of your penis (the urethra) came into direct contact with infected blood or semen, I don't see how you could have been HIV infected. I am not aware of anyone having been HIV infected by touching the anus or a hemorrhoid with their penis. Gay men are generally infected through unprotected insertive or receptive anal sex, and much less frequently through giving oral sex (receptive).


tongue contact

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint