cost of drugs

Dear Ricky, Could you please let me have the costs of the following treatment: 1. AZT + 3TC + Viracept 2. AZT + 3TC + Crixivan Could you please let me know the costs per month if one was to begin treatmet with either of the combinations. Please itemise the costs. Thank you ever so much Paul

Response from Mr. Sowadsky

Paul,

Hi. Thank you for your question. This is not such a simple answer as you may think. This is because prices are not regulated, and the costs of prescription drugs can literally vary from pharmacy to pharmacy. The only price ranges that I have are wholesale prices (that is, the price that the pharmaceutical company charges the pharmacy). Even wholesale prices can vary from place to place, since a company may offer a pharmacy a discount. Therefore all wholesale prices that I'm going to give you are very general approximations. The retail price (the price the pharmacy charges you), can be much higher than the wholesale price. To make things even more complicated, prices could change dramatically over time (either up or down, depending on supply and demand). Also, these prices are for the United States only, and are based on US dollars. Prices outside the USA may differ dramatically from the cost of drugs in the USA. I obtained these wholesale (NOT retail) prices by calling up a local pharmacy that does a lot of business with persons with HIV. The prices your pharmacy pays may vary dramatically from these prices. And remember, these prices are suggested prices for what the pharmacy pays for these drugs, not necessarily what you pay.

AZT Wholesale: Approximately US$200 per month

DDI Wholesale: Approximately US$80 per month

DDC Wholesale: Approximately US$160 per month

D4T Wholesale: Approximately US$165 per month

3TC Wholesale: Approximately US$165 per month

Viramune Wholesale: Approximately US$300 per month Rescriptor Wholesale: Approximately US$220 per month Invirase Wholesale: Approximately US$400 per month Norvir Wholesale: Approximately US$215 per month Crixivan Wholesale: Approximately US$300 per month Viracept Wholesale: Approximately US$400 per month

Any Promising Medicine?
NAC/Vitamin B12 and other supplements