|Which are the best hospitals for treating people with AIDS?
Sep 22, 1998
Is there someplace your aware of that we can call or find on the internet where we can see the rankings of AIDS hospitals around the country or regionally to help one choose the best place for treatment within their area?
thanks so much
| Response from Mr. Sowadsky
Thank you for your question. I have not found any listing for the "best" hospitals treating people with HIV/AIDS. The closest hospital ranking I found was a report in US News and World Report (dated July 28, 1997) entitled, "America's Best Hospitals", that ranked hospitals for other medical conditions, but this report did not include care for people with HIV/AIDS.
In reality, there is no "best AIDS hospital", just as there is no "best AIDS doctor". But, when you are seeking care, either from a doctor, or a healthcare facility like a hospital, the more knowldegeable they are in treating HIV/AIDS, the better the level of care you can expect to receive. To determine the level and quality of care that a doctor or hospital can provide, it is always a good idea to ask them the following questions prior to receiving care:
1) How much experience do you have in treating HIV/AIDS? 2) How many people with HIV/AIDS have you treated? 3) Approximately what percentage of your patients have HIV/AIDS? 4) How up-to-date are you with the latest treatments for HIV/AIDS? 5) How many doctors on your staff are knowledgeable in treating HIV/AIDS? What are their names?
The more experienced the doctor or hospital, the higher the quality of care you can expect to receive. To find the names and addresses of doctors and healthcare facilities in your area that are knowledgeable in treating people with HIV/AIDS, contact your local AIDS hotline.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to call the Centers for Disease Control at 1.800.232.4636 (Nationwide).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Touching Vaginal Secretions Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Do You Get Rid Of A Vaginal Staph Infection?
- Names Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.