Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

NEED A LOW COSTING OR FREE AIDS TEST ONLY 14
Dec 9, 1997

I HAD ORAL SEX WITH A BOY WHO HAS A BAD REPUTATION. HE DIDNT ACTUALLY CUM IN MY MOUTH BUT I'M STILL NERVOUS I MIGHT HAVE SOMETHING. I WAS WONDERING IF I COUL GET A FREE AIDS TEST OR AT LEAST A LOW-COSTING ONE SOMEWHERE. COULD YOU HELP ME OUT?

Response from Mr. Sowadsky

Hi,

Thank you for your question. If you want to get tested for HIV, you have several options.

1) Your private physician can do the test. Costs can vary greatly from doctor to doctor.

2) Your local health department can very often do the test for free or low cost.

3) Some private AIDS Service organizations will sometimes do these tests for little or no cost.

4) Some private labs will also do these tests. However, going to a private lab is often an expensive option.

To find out the location of local testing sites in your area, contact your local AIDS Hotline. To find the number of your local AIDS hotline, go to the "Hotlines and Service Organizations" area, here at "The Body".

Depending on the country and state/province you live in, a minor (a person under the age of 18), may or may not need parental consent to be tested. Your local AIDS Hotline or your local Health Department, can tell you whether or not parental consent is needed for a minor to be tested.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to call the Centers for Disease Control at 1.800.232.4636 (Nationwide).

Previous
Getting friends to go for test
Next
significant public health matter?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.