Cost of HIV Tests in the United Kingdom

I AM A RESEARCH STUDENT FROM THE UK. I AM INTERESTED IN THE COST OF THE HIV ANTIBODY TEST.

Response from Mr. Sowadsky

In the United Kindom (UK), I have been told that HIV testing can be obtained for free from any National Health Hospital or a public clinic.

For more information on testing in the United Kingdom, contact the National AIDS Helpline at 0800 567 123. This is a free call within the UK.

For information on the costs of testing in the United States, read the posting, How fast can you get test results? How much do tests cost?

For information on testing in other countries, contact a local AIDS Hotline or a local AIDS Service Organization. To find the numbers of a hotline or agency in your area, go to the Hotlines and Service Organizations area here at The Body.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to call the Centers for Disease Control at 1.800.232.4636 (Nationwide).

Are urine tests more accurate than blood tests?
Repeated exposure to HIV and antibody testing