Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Reality (female) condom

Hi Ryan, Wanted to pass along some advice during this difficult time of intimacy,so to speak. I am a HIV+ gay male in relationship with a guy who is negative. My partner hates to use condoms and so I thought there would be no more anal sex for obvious reasons. We decided to try the Reality (female) condom and it has solved our dilemma. The female condom is inside me so it eliminates the pyschological effects of having to wear a condom for my partner. He says it feels like he is not wearing a condom and he is not. The condom stays inside (my anus) and does not create a mess. We are also both protected.

Thanks for that information. Glad you guys were able to figure out a way to have anal sex that was safe and comfortable for the both of you.

The Reality Condom, sometimes called the female condom (which is an inaccurate label in this case), can be and is used during anal sex, but it is not indicated for such use and there isn't much information about it's effectiveness for anal sex. However, it functions in similar ways to a male condom in that it provides an effective barrier between the mucous membranes and fluids.

See the Reality Condom's website for more info (http://www.femalehealth.com/yourquests.html).

RMK

HIV testing of blood donors
vaginal fluid and sperm