Should I get tested ?

Dear Doctor, I have for several times engaged in protected sex and never had any problem (STD or whatever ?) As a matter of routine I get myself tested every year. Two days before I engaged in vaginal sex ,when I pulled my penis, the condom remained in the vagina.( I could see around 10 out and 90 inside).I was high on alcohol though not very high but yes high.I also engaged in french kissing. These two incidents stress me a lot or am I just crazy ? At the end I would also congratulate you for a wonderful educational web site.

Two main factors that determine your risk for HIV infection are your partner's HIV status and the type of exposure you had. If your partner was HIV negative, then there is no risk for infection. If your partner was in a low-risk population, you are at low risk for infection. The mucous membrane exposure you had to her fluids will play a role. If the head of your penis did not come into contact with her vaginal fluids (this would be probable if the condom came off only when you pulled out) or had minimal contact, your risk for infection remains very low.

In order to reduce the risk of condoms slipping off (which probably poses a greater risk for the receptive partner, especially if there is ejaculate in the condom), hold the base of the condom before your withdraw the penis. Make sure you do this shortly after ejaculation, before you start losing your erection.

There are some studies that suggest that condom failure may be more likely if the condom user is intoxicated/high on drugs or alcohol. Keep that in mind when having sex.

RMK

Underage Testing
early symptoms