dry mouth etc.

after a long lasting tonsillitis, and heavy use of antibiotics for 20 days; and in that period developed tonsilloliths on tonsils and behind the curtain that hides the tonsils from seeing them when you open your mouth, mostly coming thru a hole just over the tonsils (looks like a saliva outlet); I'm now suffering from dry mouth / mild sore throat which don't go away. I feel uneasy with armpits but can't find any "pea" like swollen glands. Sometimes I feel that my left ear is mildly numb or losing like %5 to %10 hearing. I might have been exposed to Hiv in the summer of 1995 during an intercourse with a prostitute. Since I'm not getting well, only the illness changes from tonsillitis to something I described above I'm falling into depression's well. Is it common to experience these kind of symptoms cause of Hiv disease? Thanks for your valuable effort thru the net.

Response from Mr. Sowadsky

Hi. Thank you for your question.

As I have stated many times before in other questions, I cannot tell you whether your symptoms are related to HIV or not. Only HIV testing can determine whether you have HIV or not. If you are concerned that you may have been infected from this prostitute, then consider getting tested. This is the ONLY way to know whether you have HIV or not. If your present symptoms are persisting or getting worse, please see a physician to determine the cause. Remember, every symptom related to HIV/AIDS looks like the symptoms of other illnesses. Therefore symptoms alone cannot determine whether a person has HIV or not. NOBODY can tell you whether or not your symptoms are due to HIV/AIDS, without getting tested. That's why laboratory testing is so important. For more information about the symptoms of HIV/AIDS, please see the question, "Symptomatic Stage".

If you have any further questions, please feel free to call the Centers for Disease Control at 1.800.232.4636 (Nationwide).

Signs of Disease, or Bad Craziness?
Early signs