May 30, 1997
Can being diagnosed with "deathly low potassium" be associated hiv or could another illness be the cause?
Response from Mr. Sowadsky
Hi. Thank you for your question. I'm not sure what you mean by "deathly low potassium." However, having low potassium levels does not indicate HIV infection. However, it can indicate many other types of medical problems.
You must speak with your physician to determine what is the possible cause of your low potassium levels in your body. Your physician would have to do other tests to determine why your levels are so low.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to call the Centers for Disease Control at 1.800.232.4636 (Nationwide).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Rash After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Testicular Pain After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Hole In Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Are Genital Warts Deadly?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.