Viral (Aseptic) Meningitis
Nov 3, 1999
I've read that aseptic meningitis can be a sign of hiv infection, is aseptic meningitis only seen in hiv infection or is it a common viral infection? Thank you
Response from Mr. Sowadsky
Thank you for your question. Anybody can get Viral (Aseptic) Meningitis whether they have HIV or not. Therefore, if a person is diagnosed with Aseptic Meningitis, this in itself is not an indication of HIV infection. However, this illness can occasionally be seen in people who have HIV.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to call the Centers for Disease Control at 1.800.232.4636 (Nationwide).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Oral Ulcers After Oral Sex With No Protection What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Penis After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Catch Gonorrhea Without Having Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.