The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Adult Bookstore blow jobs

Nov 25, 2001

i have been reading your answers to the questions for some time now. I understand there have been no cases of anyone become HIV positive from receiveing a blow job but i still have a question about it. I enjoy going into adult bookstores and getting blow jobs from other dudes. That is as far as my contact goes. I know Im not in the minority as I see many other married men receiving the same treatment. I had a dude blow me about 5-10 mins after he blew another guy. The other came in his mouth and he swallowed. I came in his mouth after he blew me. Is there a high risk that I could get HIV this way. I figured that since this occurs alot and that no one has gotten HIV from receiving oral sex that it still is low risk. I am correct. Keep up the good work on this site. I work in the medical field and find it to be very accurate.

Response from Mr. Kull

Your assumption that your risk for infection is still low is accurate. Your penis coming into contact with HIV infected semen in another person's mouth poses a greater risk for infection than coming into contact with saliva alone. However, since we don't see transmission occurring this way, you remain at very low risk for infection.

You are at greater risk for certain sexually transmitted infections. It is important to be aware of this if you have multiple partners.


insertive anal sex
sex and both are hiv positive

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint