Oral sex nightmare

Please answer. I am a 30 yr old female. I performed oral sex on a man for about 1/2 minute, he did ejaculate in my mouth. The next day I came down with a cold, which turned into a sinus infection. I was on antibiotics, but then about a week later, I got a canker sore on my tongue. I've never had one before in my life. It went away in about 1 1/2 week, but now I have a painless white spot on my tonsil! I am so scared, do you think this is all related to that one incident? By the way, I'd had an hiv test (negative)prior to that incident, so I know this could be the only possible exposure. I don't know his hiv status. What do you think?

It is highly unlikely that symptoms you experience the day after an exposure are related to HIV infection. Determining the likelihood of infection based on symptoms alone is not wise and may increase the anxiety that you feel.

The likelihood of HIV transmission occurring during one episode of receptive fellatio with ejaculation in the mouth is low (based on the number of cases reported), but possible. Since your mouth consists of mucous membranes and semen is a fluid that can transmit HIV, transmission could happen if your partner was infected.

Most studies to date say that the risk of infection through fellatio is low, and a most recent study showed that the risk was almost negligible. Getting his semen in your mouth increases that risk. Ejaculation in the mouth probably accounts for most cases of transmission through oral sex. Other factors, like the condition of your oral health, your immune response, and his viral load, may have some role in the likelihood of transmission when performing oral sex.

RMK

Quest Diagnostic!
Please answer my question, please