Jun 17, 1997
Is it true that having the Hiv virus would give you a positive herpes culture?
Response from Mr. Sowadsky
Hi. Thank you for your question.
Being infected with HIV will not cause a positive Herpes Culture. Herpes and HIV are two totally different viruses. However, there are some people who are infected with both HIV and Herpes at the same time. A Herpes Culture will only show positive in a person who is infected with the Herpes virus. Other viruses, including HIV, will not cause a positive result on a Herpes Culture test.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to call the Centers for Disease Control at 1.800.232.4636 (Nationwide).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Ejaculation After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Swallowing Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus Causing Joint Pain
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Having Oral Sex?
- How Long Does It Take To Give Someone An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.