HBV (Hepatitus) ?

If you are HIV negative and get HBV (hepatitus) will you have

it for the rest of your life,

or will your body fight it off in most cases ??

Response from Mr. Sowadsky

Hi. Thank you for your question. Like other viral sexually transmitted diseases, Hepatitis B is considered a life-long infection (whether a person has HIV or not). However, a person may recover from the symptoms of acute hepatitis (if they were ever present). Tests can indicate if a person is actively infectious to others or not. However, a person is considered infected for life (which by the way is the reason a person with Hepatitis B can never donate blood). A person with Hepatitis B is at greater risk for cirrhosis of the liver and liver cancer later in life. So a persons body may recover from acute hepatitis, but they are considered infected for life, regardless of their HIV status.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to e-mail me at "nvhotline@aol.com" or call me at (Nationwide). I'm glad to help!

Syphelis
genital herpes and antibiotics