Nov 11, 1997
1. I have recently got a type of heat rash on my palms and feet soles. I had unprotected sex a few months ago, and tested negative for Syphelis after 6 weeks. How long will it normally take before syphelis antybodies shows up ? Is it like HIV (6 months to be 99% safe ??).
2. Can you get syphelis from oral sex ??
| Response from Mr. Sowadsky
Hi. Thank you for your question. To learn about the symptoms of syphilis (and when a person tests positive on tests for syphilis), first go to the post entitled, "Syphilis" dated August 19, 1997.
Although syphilis can be transmitted through oral sex, this does not occur very often. Chancres due to syphilis (during the primary stage) can appear in the mouth, but again, this is not very common. A rash on the palms of the hands and the soles of the feet, can be a symptom of secondary syphilis.
However, if a person tests negative for syphilis at the time that they are showing these symptoms, it would be unlikely that their symptoms are related to secondary syphilis. Persons with secondary syphilis would normally be testing positive on syphilis blood tests by this point in time.
If there is even a possibility you may have any of the symptoms of syphilis, please see your doctor. Syphilis left untreated is a potentially fatal infection. But remember the symptoms of syphilis resemble the symptoms of many other illnesses, so you cannot assume you have syphilis, based on symptoms alone.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to e-mail me at "email@example.com" or call me at (Nationwide). I'm glad to help!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Tingling In Fingers After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Discharge After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can Genital Warts Cause Death?
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Warts On Your Hands?
- Curable Sexually Transmitted Disease
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.