Rafael Barbosa

I rend my condom with a woman...Do you know is there any chance to me take AIDS reding the condom? I am brazillian I don't speak english very well ok?

Response from Mr. Sowadsky

Thank you for your question. If your condom breaks (you rend the condom), yes, you would be at risk for AIDS (SIDA) and other diseases that you can get while having sex. If the condom does not break, it would protect you against AIDS (SIDA) and other diseases. You can be tested for the virus that causes AIDS. The virus is called HIV. The test is very good if you wait 6 months after the condom broke.

If you have further questions, please feel free to call the Centers for Disease Control at 1.800.232.4636 (Nationwide).

HIV Negative Gay Sex
What level of risk from heterosexual vaginal intercourse