The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Bisexual sex

Aug 21, 1996

I am a 34 year old bisexual man in a relationship with a stright woman. I see other men all of the time, and I have safe sex most of the time. However, I have frequent interactions with men in bars and other social seeting and I can always be as careful as I would like to be. I like this girl I have been living with, but I have needs that only another man can understand. Please send me information on safe sex - especially oral sex- and ways in which to keep all of my partners safe.

Response from Mr. Sowadsky


Thank you for your post. I'd be happy to mail you the information you requested. It will come in an unmarked envelope which says NOTHING about AIDS on it. The information I will send you talks about how to significantly reduce your risk for sexual activities including oral sex.

Based on your post, you are considered at risk for HIV and other STD's. My concern here is that you stated that you are having safer sex "most of the time", rather than ALL of the time. The times you have unsafe sex are the times you put yourself (and all of your other partners) at risk for HIV and other STD's. The more partners you have, the greater your risk of infection. You may want to consider getting tested for HIV and other STD's. I can even tell you where you can get tested locally if you wish.

If you have further questions, please e-mail me at "" or call me at 1-800-842-AIDS.

Percentage of documented cases of transmission through oral sex?
Safe Massage?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint