Quest Diagnostic!

I went to quest to have some blood work done, I asked about False Negative HIV tests AFTER the window like 2yrs after, he said it can take up to 6 YEARS to test positive!!!!!!! Is this true, do I need to keep testing after my negative result???

Thankyou in advance!

That is inaccurate information. Most people test positive 25 days after infection, and virtually everyone will test positive 3 months after infection. In rare cases, a person may take six months or longer to develop a detectable level of antibodies, but there is no indication that anyone has taken longer than 11 months (which was documented only once).

A test at three months is sufficient, and follow-up testing at six months is only indicated for those who have definite exposures to people known to be HIV infected.

RMK

? False Positive Chlamydia
Oral sex nightmare