Nov 21, 2001
Hi, could genital herpes cause hiv not to show antibodies. I've tested several times with negative results for hiv almost a year and a half after exposure(unprotected sex) person's status unk. No further exposure. Is the test conclusive even though I have been experiencing syptoms(white tongue, floaters,loss of body fat). Thank you and GOD Bless all.
Response from Mr. Kull
Having genital herpes should not affect the development of antibodies against HIV infection, nor will herpes infection affect the accuracy of the antibody test.
False negative results are extremely rare, and are primarily attributed to exposures within the window period or (very rarely) clerical error.
The anitbody tests are highly reliable and valid.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Itchy Skin A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Ache In Testicles After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Black Spots After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.