Contact with a womans period blood The Body: Rick Sowadsky M.S.P.H., C.D.S, Answers to Safe Sex Questions

Without having sex, I had contact with a prostitue, both with underwear on. She apparently started her period and some bloodish liquid pass thrue the clothes, at my pennis level. I believe there was contact with my pennis. She told me she was a new prostitute for 2 weeks, had been very careful in the past and had been tested 3 months before, and a year before negative. That I shouldn't worry. Of course that doesn't count for me. I was tested 2 months before for a check up and tested negative. Should I go for a new test? Whats the risk of getting HIV?

Response from Mr. Sowadsky

Hi. Thank you for your question.

Based on what you stated, it is unlikely you were exposed to HIV, especially if you did not have sex with her, and if you had your underwear on. The chance that her blood got into your bloodstream under these circumstances is pretty unlikely. If this woman was a prostitute, you have to assume that she's infected (regardless of what she may tell you). If you were having unprotected sex with her, then you would be at significant risk. However the chances of the virus getting into your bloodstream under the circumstances you describe are unlikely. If her blood had a direct access to your bloodstream, then you would be at risk. But since you didn't have sex with her, it would be quite unusual for her blood to get into your bloodstream, especially with your underwear on.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact the Centers for Disease Control at 1.800.232.4636 (Nationwide).

Anal Sex and the condom broke The Body: Rick Sowadsky M.S.P.H., C.D.S, Answers to Safe Sex Questions
Blow job with finger in rectum