sex with a prostitute The Body: Rick Sowadsky M.S.P.H., C.D.S, Answers to Safe Sex Questions

a prostitute recently gave me oral sex without a condom, and i also inserted my finger between her legs. about an hour later i looked at my hand and saw a small cut on my hand that was healing and become very worried. for the first couple of days i felt really stressed and fatigued with occassional dizzyness. I am wondering if this is due to an HIV acute infection or from stress and depression. everyone that i talked too said that you dont get symtoms after a couple of days. please help because i am very worried.

Response from Mr. Sowadsky

Hi. Thank you for your question.

Receiving oral sex, and fingering a person without any FRESH cuts or open sores on your hands, is considered safer sex, meaning that your risk of infection was very low. A cut that is healing is not considered a fresh open cut, nor is a cut that has a scab on it. It is therefore unlikely that any symptoms you are having are HIV related. The only thing I can tell you is that if your symptoms persist or get worse, see your physician regardless of what you think the cause of your symptoms are. However, based on your low risk, it's unlikely that your symptoms would be HIV related.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact the Centers for Disease Control at 1.800.232.4636 (Nationwide).

Responsibility or Recklessness? The Body: Rick Sowadsky M.S.P.H., C.D.S, Answers to Safe Sex Questions
One sexual partner - oral - should I have a test? The Body: Rick Sowadsky M.S.P.H., C.D.S, Answers to Safe Sex Questions