distinctions from a fresh and healing cut The Body: Rick Sowadsky M.S.P.H., C.D.S, Answers to Safe Sex Questions

i read many of your answers referring a fresh and healing cut. How much time after you have a small cut that the hiv virus can no longer enter your skin if you get vaginal secreations on the cut. in other words, how much time after a cut is considered healing or scabbed.

Response from Mr. Sowadsky

Hi. Thank you for your question.

The question, "Fresh Cuts and HIV" discusses this issue. Let me add here that once a scab forms, it is no longer considered a fresh open cut, and is not a direct access to the bloodstream. The deeper and bigger the cut, the longer it would take for a scab to form. A scab will usually develop in minutes to hours (depending on the size of the cut). Once a scab forms, the cut is no longer considered an access to the bloodstream.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact the Centers for Disease Control at 1.800.232.4636 (Nationwide).

I Have an STD could I also have HIV?The Body: Rick Sowadsky M.S.P.H., C.D.S, Answers to Safe Sex Questions
Responsibility or Recklessness? The Body: Rick Sowadsky M.S.P.H., C.D.S, Answers to Safe Sex Questions