oral sex and hiv testing The Body: Rick Sowadsky M.S.P.H., C.D.S, Answers to Safe Sex Questions

I RECENTLY GOT TESTED IN NOVEMBER FOR HIV AND I WAS NEGATIVE,i had no risky activities before this test so it was not a false negative. the only thing i have done since my last test isreceive a blowjob without a condom, is it worth me getting tested again, i know i can get a std from this this but from questins people have sent you about oral sex and hiv you make it sound like there is virtually no risk at all in what i have done. is it truie there have been no recordings ever of a guy getting hiv from a women giving him a blowjob. i have really been paranoid about this, is it worth me getting tested or is what i did no reason too.

Response from Mr. Sowadsky

Hi. Thank you for your question.

As I have stated many times before, the risks of becoming infected with the HIV virus is extremely remote from exposure to saliva. This includes kissing and receiving oral sex. If a person is exposed to saliva, there is no need for HIV testing.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact the Centers for Disease Control at 1.800.232.4636 (Nationwide).

Inadvertently Exposed !!! The Body: Rick Sowadsky M.S.P.H., C.D.S, Answers to Safe Sex Questions
Female Oral Sex The Body: Rick Sowadsky M.S.P.H., C.D.S, Answers to Safe Sex Questions