Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Question #1: Can HIV be passed by kissing someone who has given oral sex to a third person? Question #2: Kissing and licking a small cut or scrape? Question #3: Protected Sex with a woman
Feb 26, 1997

Question #1:

In a threesome with a couple, I kissed a guy who had just finished giving oral sex to his boyfriend for a couple of minutes. Although, the third guy was no where near cumming, he may have had some pre-cum. I have no idea. I also have no idea of their HIV status. Is there any possibility that the guy I kissed could have passed any pre-cum from his mouth to mine? And if so, would there be a possibility that it could infect me? Thanks.

Question #2:

Recently I was with a women at a strip club and had kissed her on the shoulders and neck. I had also licked her nipples a few times. I didn't notice any visible cuts, scrapes, or pimples on her, but if there were and I had kissed them (running my tongue over them) am I at any sort of risk? or am I just being paranoid?? Thanks

Question #3:

Recently I recieved oral sex from a woman whose sexual history I am unaware of, but who could very likely be HIV+. I wore a condom during the oral sex, and fingered her for a short while as well (10 seconds), I had no cuts on my fingers at the time. However, once I had cum, she gave me a tissue to 'clean' myself, which I did after taking off the condom. I used the same hand I had fingered her with to wipe myself off, and then washed both my hands and my penis in warm water and soap. Later that day I noticed a very small open sore under the base of the head of my penis. Is it possible that I could have transferred her Vaginal Fluids from her vagina, left out in the 'open' for about one minute, and then infected myself thorugh this small sore (about 3mm across, 1mm high and superficialk - no bleeding)?

Response from Mr. Sowadsky

In all of these instances, although technically there could have been a chance for HIV transmission to occur, realistically, the chances of infection (under the circumstances mentioned) were very small. In none of these cases was there KNOWN direct contact with infectious body fluids. Theoretically, just about anything is possible. But we must keep things in a realistic perspective. The chances that the first person was exposed to pre-cum, and the chances that the second person was exposed to blood or breastmilk (under the circumstances described) are very remote. The chances that the third individual was exposed to the womans vaginal secretions (having a direct access to his bloodstream) was also unlikely. Technically just about anything is possible. But realistically, under the circumstances described in these three questions, transmission of HIV would be very unlikely to have occured in any of these individuals.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to call the Centers for Disease Control at 1.800.232.4636 (Nationwide).

Previous
Exotic Dancers - Lap Dancing Low Risk, do I need to be tested?
Next
Exotic Dancer worried or feeling guilty?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.