What is my risk based on activity?

I recently had sex with a prostitute. This is without a doubt the dumbest thing I have ever done. A latex condom was used during both the brief oral sex which she performed on me and the vaginal sex act. The intercourse lasted only a short time (2-3 minutes). I withdrew immediately after ejaculation. The condom did not come off and it did not appear broken. I removed it immediately and washed my hands with soap and water. I never touched her vaginal area with my hands nor did I touch her with my mouth in any way. Throughtout the sex acts she was very careful to ensure that the condom was in place and kept her hand on it to ensure that it was pulled down as far as possible. I saw no blood, there were no sores or abrasions on me and I saw none on her. I don't know her HIV status but have to assume the worst. This was my first act outside my monogamous relationship and I fully intend for it to be my last. I hope I haven't made a fatal mistake. Realizing that nothing is "for sure," how would you rate my risk of contracting HIV? If I survive this incident -- I have truly learned a lesson.

Response from Mr. Sowadsky

Hi. Thank you for your question. The fact that you were using a latex condom significantly reduced your risk for HIV and other Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD's). As long as the condom was used correctly, and it didn't break, leak, or fall off, your risk of infection with HIV/STD's was very low.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to call the Centers for Disease Control at 1.800.232.4636 (Nationwide).

Cuts on Lips
Why male-to-female not 100%?