Cuts on Lips

Dear Rick, I was involved in an incident of mutual masterbation. I got some semen on my hands, but didnot notice any cuts on my hands. I proceeded to wipe the semen on the guys shirt and then layed my head on his chest. My lips touched some of the semen, but none got into my mouth. My lips were chapped, but were not bleeding. The openings on my lips were very small, and not really scabbed. Would I be considered at high risk? Should I get tested for this or am I just being silly? Thank you for your time.

Response from Mr. Sowadsky

Hi. Thank you for your question. All anybody could say is that if the integrity of the skin was broken, and the semen had a direct access to the bloodstream, then there would be some risk of infection. Nobody can say if it's high or low risk, because the risk would depend on how badly your lips were chapped, and how much semen got directly into the breaks in the skin of your lips. The more chapped they were, and the more semen that got directly into the openings, the greater your risk would be. If you're concerned about your risks of infection, then you may wish to consider getting tested 6 months after this incident to determine whether you became infected or not. There's really little else I can tell you regarding your risk. If you have any further questions, please feel free to call the Centers for Disease Control at 1.800.232.4636 (Nationwide).

is it possible to transmit aids immediately after infection?
What is my risk based on activity?