Skin Wound from Sex Club Table Edge.

Two days ago, I went to a sex club with my boyfriend. My boyfriend and I have been together for almost one year, and we both have tested HIV negative. In the sex club that night we only engaged in sexual activites between ourselves, and we did not do anything else with any stranger. However, when we came back home, I discovered an almost one-inch cut on my leg near my knee. It was a fresh cut, not deep but slightly bleeding. Now I can recall that I got that cut from a table edge somewhere in the sex club soon after I arrived. We were in close contact with lots of other people who were engaging in sexual activity but I do not specifically recall anyone touching my leg or anything else being in contact with the area of the cut. I have panicked so much since I found that wound. Is there any chance to get infected with the HIV virus because of that cut from the table edge? My boyfriend told me the chance that the table edge contained somebody's semen or any type of body fluid was very little, but I still worry about it very much. What if someone had cum or precum on their hand and it touched the cut? Am I safe? Please Help. Thank you very much.

Response from Mr. Sowadsky

Hi. Thank you for your question.

Realistically, the only way you would be at risk is if blood, pre-cum, semen, or vaginal secretions were to get directly into your bloodstream. Realistically, the chances that you were exposed to one of these body fluids, and they got directly into your bloodstream within minutes of leaving another persons body, is very unlikely. You were much more at risk of getting bacterial infections, than getting HIV or other Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD's), under the circumstances you described.

Viral Load and Risk Assessment
Is oral sex low risk due to stomach acids?