Sex with Prostitutes

I have a concern about sexual contact with female prostitutes. Over several months I visited a dominatrix where we engaged in foot worship. This involved toe and foot sucking. The dominatrix masturbated me with her feet with me ejaculating on her. My question is can HIV be transmitted via these activities. I plan on never going back to a prostitute again but I'm very concerned about whether I could have been infected, especially if I somehow came into contact orally with dried someone else's dried semen. I had a HIV test this morning at the health clinic but didn't discuss this with the nurse. Please help.

Response from Mr. Sowadsky

Hi. Thank you for your question. In order to determine if you are at risk for any sexual activity, all of the following requirements for transmission must take place:

You must be exposed to pre-cum, semen, vaginal secretions, blood, or breastmilk, AND

The virus must get directly into your bloodstream through a fresh cut, open sore, abrasion etc., AND

Transmission must go directly from 1 person to the other very quickly.....the virus does not survive more than a few minutes outside the body.

No matter what the circumstances are, if you think about these 3 criteria for transmission, you'll be able to determine whether you're at risk for HIV or not. But do remember that other sexually transmitted diseases (STD) can be transmitted easier than HIV, so what might be low risk for HIV may be high risk for other STD's.

There are certain sexual activities that do not get discussed very often. These include activities like foot worship (foot fetishes), water sports (sex involving urine), Bondage & Discipline (B&D), Sadomasochism (S&M), fisting (inserting a fist in the vagina or rectum), sex involving sex toys, enema play, and others. Even though you won't often run into specific information on these types of sexual activities, you can still determine your personal risk. Simply apply the 3 requirements for transmission above to the specific situation.

In your specific case, you probably won't find much information regarding HIV and foot worship. But if you apply the 3 requirements to HIV transmission above to your specific situation, you will see that you are at low risk of infection. I'm assuming that you were only exposed to her saliva (toe and foot sucking). During activities like being masturbated with her feet, it would be highly unlikely to be exposed to any of the risky body fluids listed above.

The point I'm trying to make here is that no matter how unusual, kinky or exotic the activity, using the 3 requirements for transmission above, you can still determine your individual risk of infection.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to call the Centers for Disease Control at 1.800.232.4636 (Nationwide).

Viral loads and infectiousnous
is aids an automatic death sentence for all involved sexually