Interval time between precum and cum

I gave oral sex to a guy, but first I tried to get all the precum off of his penis before performing oral sex, and when it came time for him to ejaculate, i stop giving him oral sex..do you think I was at risk for infection since i did this? In other words, is precum constantly being released or does it all come out within a certain time frame before ejaculation?

Response from Mr. Sowadsky

Thank you for your question. Generally speaking, a man can produce pre-cum at any time from the point where he becomes sexually aroused, until the time he ejaculates. Therefore, if you are giving a man oral sex without protection, if he is sexually aroused, you can assume that you may have been exposed to pre-cum. Some men produce more pre-cum than others. There is no standard interval of time between the initiation of pre-cum and ejaculation. This is highly variable from man to man. For more information on the risks of pre-cum, see the postings, "How many proven oral sex infections solely from precum proven?" and "oral sex."

If you have any further questions, please feel free to call the Centers for Disease Control at 1.800.232.4636 (Nationwide).

STD cofactors in transmission: how much?
How many proven oral sex infections solely from precum proven?